Georgetown University Study
When Georgetown University wanted consumer-based social data for their research project, they turned to LikeFolio.
The McDonough School of Business is renowned for its innovative research and unique approach to data. To find out how social data might be predictive (or even impact) future earnings releases from companies, they needed a unique set of data that met their rigorous criteria. "We have been looking for innovative ways to use social data, and LikeFolio's approach meets the rigorous standards we were looking for," explained the research lead, Vicki Tang.
A Custom Problem Demands A Custom Solution
With LikeFolio On Demand research, Georgetown was able to specify exactly what data they needed to execute their study. Requirements included historical data back to 2012, the ability to “zoom in” down to the hour around earnings releases, and the ability to differentiate positive and negative sentiment. LikeFolio delivered. As the study has progressed, the researchers at Georgetown University have had many follow-up questions and subsequent data requests. You don’t know what you don’t know, which is why working with a provider like LikeFolio is so important– we don’t shy away from making sure you have everything you need to complete your research goals.
How LikeFolio Data can Supercharge Research
- Complete Historical Data back to 2012 ensures that you’ll have adequate sample sizes, market condition variance, and brand/product changes to fully test your hypothesis.
- Get unique insights into consumer behaviors by staying focused on what consumers are saying about the brands and products that you’re tracking.
- Trust your data. Our direct partnership with Twitter enables us to deliver clean, accurate and timely data to your research project.
The data mining expertise of LikeFolio, along with their focus on public companies' brand and product mentions, is providing data to the study in ways that would be impossible to gather from other sources.
- 6+ Years of historical data
- 250+ Covered companies
- 5+ Proprietary data points